Sunday, January 18, 2009

Movie Reviews: Let the Right One In, Benjamin Button, Rescue Dawn, and Harold and Kumar

I just got Netflix and I’ve been hitting the theater a little more than usual lately. Here are some thoughts about some movies that I have recently seen.

Let the Right One In: I got to see this at the Belcourt with a few friends this weekend. I think the reviews oversold it a little. They all proclaimed it was phenomenal, but I thought it was average at best. I give it a score of 3 out of 5.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: It’s long, but I really liked it. The movie was directed by David Fincher who also directed Fight Club and Seven so this was a pretty big departure for him. I loved picking out the New Orleans landmarks in the film but did get annoyed by the shitty New Orleans accents. I give it a 4 out of 5.

Rescue Dawn: I really like Christian Bale so I found this to be a pretty enjoyable flick. I’m not sure how true it is to the actual true life events. I did have a problem following at times because of all the whispering though. Let’s score it 3.5 out of 5.

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay: I know it sounds low-brow, but I really liked H&K got to White Castle. I didn’t think Guantanamo Bay was nearly as good. I did like the Neil Patrick Harris Scenes though. It earns a 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment